Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Are the lifes gifts in the Journey or Destination ?

So, time for a quick evaluation.

Where am I at after 5 months of traveling down this road of transformation?  I have lost 36 pounds after 5 months. I feel pretty good about that.

Activities, I have logged just over 100 miles of running from the last 2 months.

May Completed my 1st 5k in the Nashviille Gulch in 51:15.

5K Run July 4th, 2011
My daughter and I are signed up for a 5k on the 4th of July.

I have signed up for my first Half Marathon, November 6th.

Yesterday, I had the day off for Memorial day and ran 6 miles in 1:30 in the morning. That was a fun run, I was able to venture out of my regular 1.1 mile loops around Stoneridge Medical Center. Using MapmyRun I laid out a 2 mile course which took me past the Smyrna Fire Dept., the Rocky Ridge Middle School and through a neighborhood park and back and then lapping the Hospital twice for a total of 6 miles.

After my run, I ran into Starbucks to pick up a  Coffee Traveler to take home. I am not used to getting alot
of looks when I go in places. I was fresh off my run and not fully cooled down yet. I felt like I was drawing alot of glances because I was still perspiring heavily, plus I still don't look like a runner.

Allyson, Zach and Eli came over for the day. At the end of the evening my daughter and I decided to go to the gym for a quick run. We each got on a treadmill and ran a 1 mile in abought 14 minutes. Now, that is a transformation. Many many holidays have gone by and I have never gone on a fun run. I look forward to many more activities with my daughter. I am just so sorry it took so long for that to happen. 

My outlook is,  fantastic.

Goal for June , work on month 3 of my running base.

No comments:

Post a Comment