Saturday, May 14, 2011

For me, Fun Run is no longer an Oxymoron.


Saturday morning and the cat is meowing at 5:00 am. Oh man, I don't want to get up, this is the first weekend I have had off in months.

Maybe if I just lay hear and act like I am sleeping Caryn will feed the cat.

Trixie:Meoooow..., Caryn isn't stirring...

Me: Ok, I will get and up ... 
30 minutes later: Ok, the cat and dog are fed, Tiffy the dog has just been taken out.

Caryn wakes up as I finish getting dressed and open the door. What are you doing ?

Me: Going for a Fun run.

Caryn:What? Why don't you come back to bed and sleep.

Me: I want to do my long run today.

This is a conversation I would have never dreamed would be taking place between me and anyone else.:)

I ran 8 miles this morning and it felt great. ( sure there were glitches like my left foot started cramping up at mile 7.5. I had started out not knowing how far I was going to go. I was thinking maybe 10 miles would be a good goal. But, I listened to my body and stopped at 8.) Feels so good to be able to maintain a pace for a long duration. Took me 2 hours and 17 minutes to finish the 8 miles, but I had to stop and answer a page at mile 3. At mile 7, I got a free High 5 by an experienced runner passing from the opposite direction.. Those little things count more than you think. That reminds me of a picture I saw when I was looking at the results of the Music City Marathon. Yes, I had a Fun run.



That gives me 14 miles for the week, 22 miles for the month of May. 74 miles since I started logging my runs.  But, who is keeping track,  Me. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment