Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter, 2011

Today, is a day of rest. Today, we observe Easter and have Zach and Allyson and Eli over for the weekend. Eli, still can't be out in public yet, so we will spend Easter at home.

I am the first one up this morning and am enjoying some quiet time and am able to reflect on the changes that are happening in my life.

Eli, my first grandson, is 3 weeks old today and very special to me. He isn't able to do much but sit and be cared for, but oh what a feeling that little guy creates in my heart. I thank the Lord everyday for his safe arrival and for keeping Allyson healthy. I am very proud of Zach for how well he is taking care of his family, my family.

Easter, for me brings many wonderful family memories. What a great holiday to remember the resurrection of my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know I am not the perfect christian, what a great day to remember there was only one man who lived up to that and he died for all of our sins and then rose to heaven. He lives in my heart and I find his evidence in so many areas of my daily life. He gives me strength and is my rock.

We sat as a family and watched 2 Gaither Videos Friday evening. I am posting below one of my favorites.

Happy Easter, I miss all family that is not with us today. :)



 



 











  

No comments:

Post a Comment