Thursday, April 28, 2011

59 and Dodging Tornadoes

Wednesday morning was very stormy and Tornadoes were passing by, so I was forced to run inside on a treadmill.

I didn't want to change my routine, I feel protective of my slice of time and the motivation that is burning inside. I have to keep the fire burning.

Ran 3.1 miles on the treadmill and ended up getting a much sweatier experience. My Ipod nano even died. The lil' voice in the Nano said battery was low till finally no music at about 2.8 miles. Oh man, pulled the ear buds out and kept my pesonally fast pace going. Wow is it loud without the buds in the ears.

(The Nano later on didn't power back up. After lots of resets etc, took it to an Apple dealer. They looked inside the connector wher the earbuds connect and a little red indicator said it had been exposed to water!!! I had only had it for a month. The guy replaced it for free. I was so relived, but still frustrated because the only water was my persperation. We will see what happens with the new one.)

Finished up 3.1 miles in just under 50 minutes. Great time for me. Reminder to my self, its not about the speed, just need to get the miles in and stay injury free.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a long run. Last Friday was 6.6 miles, tomorrows goal will be 8 miles.

Find myself going through the day looking forward to the next run. Tomorrows milage will put me over 50 logged miles for April. Wow, I feel good about that.

That same day I was dodging tornadoes, the tornadoes went past us and hit our Alabamians hard. I will post one video tyhat got uploaded from Tuscaloosa. Our prayers are with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment